About Our Customized 40 Hour Training Program
Who should take HAZWOPER 40 Hour Training?
OSHA regulations (29 CFR 1910.120(e)(3) require that general site workers (such as equipment operators, general laborers and supervisory personnel) engaged in hazardous substance removal or other activities which expose or potentially expose workers to hazardous substances and health hazards shall receive a minimum of 40 hours of instruction off the site, and a minimum of three days actual field experience under the direct supervision of a trained, experienced supervisor. Our programs are designed to fully meet the 40 hour initial training portion of this requirement and are typically customized to the exact needs of each customer. Teksafety will provide a full 40 hours of online training and often works with a company's safety professional who would provide the final "hands-on" instruction that can't be provided over the internet. If your company has no safety professional, we can often locate one in your area or use other qualified personnel from your company. Most courses are completed for $350 dollars.
To contact us Click here
Benefits of TSI's Customized 40 Hour HAZWOPER Training Program:
- Courses are customized to each individual company's needs, experience and ability.
- Most of the course can usually be completed on-line and on the individual company's timetable, with a final session of hands-on training in PPE, respiratory protection and specific hazards of the company.
- Instructors are all CIH's and/or CSP's who work full time in the hazardous waste business. Concise, real-world information and scenarios are communicated to the students with the emphasis on useable knowledge that the student can utilize in the field.
- Easily understood and user-friendly on-line format that the student can sit through in a few short days, or take at his or her own pace over a number of weeks. Hands-on training is always scheduled after on-line training has been completed. Either a Teksafety CIH will travel to your company and provide the hands-on portions of the training or your company safety professional will perform your final "checkout".
- Hyperlinks to definitions and acronyms throughout the on-line portion to help eliminate confusion. These allow less explanation of more commonly known terms and ideas so that the more advanced student can more quickly move through the program.
- Real-world "tips" at the end of each module which are meaningful to the student in his or her present job.
- Practice questions at the end of each module which give immediate feedback to the student on his or her understanding of the subject.
- Customized menu which tracks coursework completed.
- An integrated e-mail system that connects each student with our qualified instructors who work every day in the industry. Each and every question will be routed to either a Certified Industrial Hygienist or a Certified Safety Professional, depending upon the question's content. A response is usually provided within one business day.
Testing and Issue of Certificates and Wallet Cards:
- The student will be required to be logged onto a customized on-line study course for a certain number of hours based upon the company's past experience, policies and usual scope of services. After the custom curriculum has been completed and the student answers the practice questions at the end of each module, some limited testing will be administered based on coursework completed so far.
- The remainder of the course will be actual hands-on training with a Certified Industrial Hygienist who will explain the use and limitations of respiratory protection, PPE and specific safety and health hazards related to the company's work. The CIH will award a "hard-copy" certificate suitable for framing and full-color credit-card quality, custom wallet card at the end of the course.